16 November 2021
We4Change partners launch the Call for Applications for the Train the Trainer Workshop
We4Change consortium is looking for enthusiastic youth workers and trainers to support with the We4Change Changemakers events and launched the call for applications for the Train the Trainer workshop!
What is the Train the Trainer Workshop?
It is a training dedicated to youth workers and trainers that are interested to learn how to effectively deliver a We4Change Changemakers event – a hackathon-like event that offers an innovative combination of hands-on activities, training on digital, innovation
and environmental awareness skills, problem-solving and co-creation skills to young girls and women to address climate change.
The participants will learn a series of methods of facilitation of such type of event, which includes an important gender element, but also entrepreneurship and environmental activism. They will develop their communication skills to work with a diverse audience, to change and adapt to different situations and how to handle complex group dynamics to keep things running smoothly. In addition, they will be trained to deliver or assist several workshops on themes such as: digital, design thinking and pitching.
Below you’ll find the draft programme of the training:
Upon completion of the training, participants will receive a YouthPass certificate documenting learning outcomes acquired in projects under the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.
When will the Train the Trainer Workshop take place?
The training will take place in person between 2-4 February 2022, In Brussels (Belgium). Applicants must be available to participants to the entire 3 days training.
Travel and accommodation costs will be covered by the sending organization within the limits of:
- Participants from Belgium: 20 EUR travel grant and 530 EUR for individual support (accommodation and food);
- Participants from France: 180 EUR travel grant and 530 EUR for individual support (accommodation and food);
- Participants from Greece: 275 EUR travel grant and 530 EUR for individual support (accommodation and food);
- Participants from Moldova: 275 EUR travel grant and 530 EUR for individual support (accommodation and food);
- Participants from Portugal: 275 EUR travel grant and 530 EUR for individual support (accommodation and food);
Who can apply?
The training program is addressed to youth workers, trainers, coaches and mentors working or interested in working with girls and young women on the thematics covered by the We4Change project (youth empowerment, environmental action, digital skills, entrepreneurial mindset).
In order to be eligible, all applicants must:
- Be available for the entire duration of the training (02/02-04/02/2022)
- Be available to support as trainer during at least one of the We4Change Changemakers Events that will be organized by the sending organization in the period March – August 2022 (volunteer contract)
- Have a B2 English level (the training is organized in English)
- Have previous experience in working with youth in the areas covered by the We4Change project (climate change, digital skills, youth empowerment, entrepreneurship)
- Be a resident in one of the following countries: Belgium, France, Greece, Moldova or Portugal.
Application and selection procedure
All applications must be submitted via the application form available at: https://bit.ly/3FoveZA, before the set deadline of 10th of December at 23.59 CET. By submitting the application, applicants recognize to be aware and agree with the eligibility criteria and practical information shared for this call.
The applications will be evaluated in the period 13-16 of December under the following selection criteria:
- Motivation of the applicant on relation to the objectives of the training;
- Relevance of the applicant’s previous experience in the field of youth work;
- Availability to support as trainer during at least one of the We4Change Changemakers Events that will be organized by the sending organization.
Following the eligibility check and the evaluation process, the applicants will be announced about the results of selection on the 17th of December.
20 October 2021
We4Change Second interim meeting
On 19 and 20 October, We4Change project partners met in Lisbon to discuss the updates of the We4Change project, but also to plan the period ahead. The main points on the agenda were the We4Change Changemakers Events Curriculum and the Train the Trainer programme, representing a series of educational resources dedicated to youth workers and organizations that want to organize and promote the We4Change Changemaking Events, raise awareness, engage stakeholders and contribute to creating an ecosystem that support girls and young women as innovators of the environmental transformation.
Next year project partners will organize across Europe a series of Changemaking Events that aim to dismantle stereotypes and boost self-confidence of girls and women as innovators, with the following elements at their core:
– Intergenerational: bringing together young and adult women together to collaborate on co-design tech solutions to address climate change in their local communities;
– Hands-on: using a “Learning by doing” approach for defusing any stereotypes, misgivings, or confidence issues; girls and women will experience a real-life innovation process by designing an app, developing a business plan, pitching an idea etc.;
– Social impact-oriented: Engaging with and learning through social action has a positive impact on young people’s attitudes and engagement at large; combining them with digital and innovation skills training formats, the purpose is to drive positive change.
– Community driven: creation of supportive communities of women to enforce confidence and self-esteem and promote gender balance in civic participation.
The events will take place in Belgium, France, Greece, Portugal and Moldova in 2022.
22 March 2021
We4Change Kick-off Meeting
On 22 March 2021, the Digital Leadership Institute and four partner organizations from across Europe launched the WE4Change initiative supporting “girls and women connecting for environmental change.” WE4Change is an EU-funded project aiming to foster civic engagement of girls and young women from disadvantaged backgrounds by empowering them to understand their strengths, develop digital, leadership and changemaking skills, and increase their sense of initiative in the social and environmental sector.
For the next two years, Digital Leadership Institute (BE), Stimmuli for Social Change (GR), Empow’Her (FR), Tekedu (MD) and ZERO Associação Sistema Terrestre Sustentável (PT) will work together to offer an innovative combination of hands-on activities, training on digital, innovation and environmental awareness skills, problem-solving and co-creation of prototypes to address climate change, responding directly to the needs of young women to break down stereotypes, develop their creativity and confidence, and contribute to society.
The first project meeting took place on the 23rd of March 2021, with project partners discussing the first project phase aiming at setting a solid and appropriate foundation for the development of the We4Change project. The first steps include a context specific gender analysis that will be conducted in each participating country looking at i) youth policy & youth participation programmes, ii) environment & climate, iii) digitalization and innovation related to the issues tackled by the project to ensure the appropriate development of the trainings and materials to be developed throughout the project.